Kids’ Reading Programs
Kids Reading Programs
You’re one stop spot for seasonal and year-long reading programs. Click on the program title to learn more.
Open to any child that hasn’t started Kindergarten. Research demonstrates that young children who are read to on a regular basis have an advantage when learning to read for themselves. Reading together builds closeness and early literacy skills, which are the foundations for school success. Click here for more information and a link to sign up.
- Participate online or with paper logs.
- Track your books (repeat books count!)
- Visit the library every 100 books you log and you’ll get:
- A sticker for this sticker book.
- A coupon for a free book from our Children’s Book Nook.
- To move your picture up on our bulletin board
Each year, upper-elementary students across Massachusetts are invited to vote for their favorite books of the year. This year’s list of 25 books spans a wide range of genres, formats, and reading levels–there’s something for everyone! Voting will take place in April, giving everyone time to read and think about their favorites. Click here for more info and a link to sign up.
Summer Reading has ended. Please join us next year. Badges can continue to be picked up through Labor Day weekend.