Kids’ Reading Programs
Kids Reading Programs
You’re one stop spot for seasonal and year-long reading programs. Click on the program title to learn more.
Open to any child that hasn’t started Kindergarten. Research demonstrates that young children who are read to on a regular basis have an advantage when learning to read for themselves. Reading together builds closeness and early literacy skills, which are the foundations for school success.
- Participate online or with paper logs.
- Track your books (repeat books count!)
- Visit the library every 100 books you log and you’ll get:
- A sticker for this sticker book.
- A coupon for a free book from our Children’s Book Nook.
- To move your picture up on our bulletin board
Each year, upper-elementary students across Massachusetts are invited to vote for their favorite books of the year. This year’s list of 25 books spans a wide range of genres, formats, and reading levels–there’s something for everyone! Voting will take place in April, giving everyone time to read and think about their favorites.