Kids’ Summer Reading 2021
July 1st-August 31st: Tails & Tales are waiting for you!
This summer, kids from age 3 through new 5th graders are invited to try activities and count how many summer days they spend reading. Along the way, you’ll adopt a friendly pet (don’t worry: it’s pretend), earn collectible badges, and enter weekly drawings for Bedford Farms gift cards.
The fun begins July 1st!
Sign up at bedfordlibrary.beanstack.org.
Questions?? Confused or wondering about something? Looking for a book recommendation? Email [email protected] and put “Summer Reading” in the subject line!
Looking for links to the STEM activities? Here you go:
- Search for an activity page about “Habitats” at Scholastic Teachables
- Take a nature walk. What do you see? Hear? Smell?
- Make a Blubber Glove, similar to how cold-habitat animals’ bodies keep them warm.
- How do fish float and dive? Try the Magic Ketchup experiment to find out!
- Quack like a duck with this simple method for creating an animal sound.
- Try Desert Zoodoku, a variation on the traditional Sudoku puzzle, from the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.
“Tails and Tales” is sponsored by the Bedford Free Public Library, the Bedford Public Schools, the Massachusetts Library System, the Boston Bruins, and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
Special thanks to the Friends of the Bedford Free Public Library for generously funding Summer Reading.